Well, the short answer is yes!
The long answer is, a tiny pattern alteration to the Pirate Pants will make your pants easier to sew and sit better in the end.
So, here is what you do:
- The first thing you need to do, which I forgot to do in all of these tutorial pics (oops!) is remove the seam allowance from the center front/back seam. Then,
- Straighten up the center front/back seam so it can be cut on the fold and extend it upward slightly
- Take a right angle off the new extended line about 1 cm above the original top of the pattern piece
- Draw a curved line to join the new center front/back to the side seam
- Now cut your pattern pieces on the new fold, sew your side seams then crotch seam then continue on with the pattern as per the original instructions.
If you make some Pirate Pants, be sure to grab some pics and hashtag them #SEW4BUB I would love to see your creations!
As always, thanks for reading.